1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share 6 non-important things/ habits /quirks about yourself
4. Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blog
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the fun begin
1. When I was younger we had pet alligators. My dad went alligator hunting a few times, he took my oldest brother Brandon who decided to scoop up a two of the babies and bring them home. They were basically like pet lizards, but way more exciting to tell people about. We would let them swim around in the pool in our backyard every once in a while. But, for the most part they stayed in an aquarium. They grew a little bit bigger, but as long as they are contained, they won't get bigger than their surroundings allow. When my brother Adrian got his shot at alligator hunting, he brought another one home. Looking back, I'm sure my mother was THRILLED about it. We had them for quite a few years, but eventually we took them to an alligator reserve.
2. For years it was my goal to run a marathon, my parents have always been good examples of eating healthy and working out. My dad has run several marathons and even a super marathon (36 miles). My running friend Jalayne talked me into running the Salt Lake City Marathon with her, but it meant that I would have to start training for it right after Maya was born. Once I got the OK from the doctor, I started training. I ran it when she was 9 months old and still nursing. It was the most pain I have ever been in my whole entire life, which means a lot considering my #3. I will be running the Salt Lake 1/2 marathon April 19.
3. I delivered Maya and Mason naturally, no drugs no epidural. I feel it is one of my greatest accomplishments in life. Maya was almost born in the car, what a ride that was!!! Mason was a water birth at the hospital. (Reece is a great accomplishment as well, even though I was watching TV and drugged up while delivering him. I just didn't want him to feel left out).
4. When at Red Lobster one night a woman came up to me and asked me if Maya or I had ever modeled anything. I think I laughed at her. Then she gave me a business card and asked me if she could call me if she ever needed a model. I figured it was just a new scheme to get people interested in her business or something. Well she called me the next week and set up a time to do a product shoot with Maya and I. It was a stupid product and I have never been able to find a place that sells them. They didn't want Maya to look like a girl or a boy, because they wanted the product to gender neutral, so I couldn't put her in a cute outfit or put a bow in her hair, I was so sad. It was still fun to do it though.
5. I love to daydream, I think I have a new dream about each week. I play everything out in my mind down to the last detail. It is so fun for me, Michael is a peach to indulge me and let me live in a fantasy world for a while. It can be quite confusing for him when I have moved onto something else and am almost repulsed when he brings up a past idea.
6. When I was younger I desperately wanted a pet monkey. They looked so cute and fun to play with and dress up. I told my family about this desire which of course, they mocked and scoffed. I didn't let that deter me. My mom thinking that she was so clever, told me that when I saved up enough money I could have one. I started a 'monkey fund' for my monkey. When I was up to about $800 I think my mom got a little worried that I would have the money to buy one, she changed the story to "when my husband will allow me to have one, I can get a monkey". Michael, can I please get a monkey???
I'm going to tag my cute little brother Cam, April (so maybe she will post something new), and Kristi (I'm in the mood for some dark humor).