Thursday, December 18, 2008

Anyone Need a White Elephant Gift?

I have been anxiously awaiting my 24"x24" canvas print of my family. It was scheduled to arrive yesterday and I was really disappointed when it didn't arrive. I checked the Fed Ex tracking to see what happened and it said there was a security delay. A security delay? What does that mean? Well I called Fed Ex to find out what it meant and also make sure it didn't happen again, they told me it was probably because my building was locked. Well, I do make it a habit to lock my door, but I didn't think it was customary for the Fed Ex guy to walk right into my home. Then he told me that it was possible that my gate was locked. Now, I do have a gate to my backyard, but again delivery guys normally leave packages on the front porch, plus we don't have a lock on the gate. In the end, they had no answer for me. My theory is the delivery guy still hadn't bought his wife a present and decided to get done with work a little early, stamp a few "security delay's" on some packages and he is out of there.

I was excited when I heard the big Fed Ex truck coming up my street and ring the doorbell today. The package was enormous, I thought, "wow, Canvas on Demand really takes time to package well." I tore open the enormous box that took me 10 minutes to haul up my stairs. To my dismay, this is what I found:
Not just one sweet little grandma, but SIX SWEET GRANDMA'S!!! My heart sank, I want my family picture! Luckily, buried under grandma #6 was my canvas.

I quickly called Canvas on Demand to let them know about my order, because someone is expecting 6 sweet grandma's. They told me that I could keep them and they would reprint the order for the customer. So, all six sweet grandma's are now mine! Anyone going to a white elephant party?

Oh, here is a picture of my canvas hanging in my house.

13 comments:

Jade said...

I love your family picture! And that's my Grandma, so can I have all 6? J/K

Amber said...

Ha ha ha! I'm laughing so hard at this story! You guys look great in that picture- I especially love your hot boots!

Christy said...

I have always wanted to try printing a canvas picture. Kevin wants to know where you do your photo prints at.

Unknown said...

I got it from Canvas On Demand, you will need a tax ID in order to get an account with them, but I would be glad to order it for you if you want.

Nicol said...

Love the story!!!We'll adopt a grandma since we don't have one close by. Hilarious.
Love your picture too.

Chris and Jamie said...

I am glad to see you are reading the Book Thief. I will worn you I cried my eyes out. It is such an amazing story.

Kevin said...

Is Canvas On Demand reasonably priced when it comes to canvas prints? I've never really priced them. Also, I was wondering where you have normal prints done (4x6, 8x10, etc.)? We used to take most of ours to Sam's Club (real professional, I know), and they usually turned out fine, but the last few times they have been really dark and ugly, so I am looking for a new place. I have my computer monitors calibrated, and I want my prints to look the way I intended them. Even my 2 printers at home (laser and inkjet) look better than what we have been getting from them lately.

Anyway, nice family photo. Did you take that yourself (like on a tripod) or did your friend take them for you?

IG said...

I have used http://photofiddle.com many of times they are the best for photo on canvas and other effects to photos.

Unknown said...

Kevin, I think "COD" had really reasonable prices on their canvas, better than mpix.com which is where I order my regular prints. You should give mpix a try, you will have to set up an account with them, but don't need a tax ID. As for my family picture, my business partner Megan took it for us.

Nora Mair said...

You have a gallery wrap.. I so want a gallery wrap. Can I come to your white elephant party? I've been dying to go to one for years.

Holly said...

You know that out there somewhere is someone expecting six sweet Grannies and instead they get six hot mommas in snow boots...only they are probably not giving them away ;-)

Kevin Pratt said...

That is so hilarious! I LOVe your photo. Did Megan take it? Love it. I also love the one you took of them.

Elle said...

Hahahahah!!!!!! We kept leaving it in random places for my parents to find..... the best one was under their blankets and sheets and they found it when they took their sunday nap..... we named her zoila haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails